Monday, July 13, 2015

Cleo's Cup Sundae with Peanut Butter Sauce!

Ooooh, girl, it's HOT outside. The heat index in Memphis reached 107 today. Now, I love me some summer heat. I'll take a 100-degree day over a 40-degree day anytime. But I still love to cool off with delicious frozen treats.

Recently, Go Max Go sent me a box of candy bars to use in developing some new recipes. Those bars arrived before the temps got this hot or else the chocolate would have been all melty. They shipped the bars with an ice pack, but that didn't survive the low 90s heat of two weeks ago. Thankfully, the bars survived.

For my first Go Max Go recipe, I knew I wanted to use the Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups because those are my favorite among their line of vegan candy bars. And ice cream sounded so perfect for those hot summer days. So I whipped up this Cleo Cup Sundae with Peanut Butter Sauce!


Any vegan vanilla ice cream will do, but I used So Delicious Cashew Milk ice cream in Creamy Cashew flavor because I think it's the best! I made a homemade peanut butter sauce (recipe below). And I crumbled Cleo's cups on top. And then that's all topped with So Delicious CocoWhip, but you could also make your own coconut whipped cream at home.

There are a couple vegan peanut butter cups on the market, but Cleo's is my fave since they're made with rice milk chocolate. Some of the others are made with dark chocolate, and that's fine. But I love that lighter milk chocolate taste the best! These remind me of the pb cups of my childhood!

----------------------------------------------------

Cleo's Cup Sundae with Peanut Butter Sauce
Serves 2

1 cup vegan vanilla ice cream
1 recipe peanut butter sauce (recipe below)
1 package Go Max Go Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
Coconut whipped cream (storebought or homemade, see above link)

For the peanut butter sauce:
6 Tbsp. almond milk
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
4. tsp. agave
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine everything for the peanut sauce in a small saucepan. Heat on low until the mixture forms a thick but pourable sauce. If the sauce thickens too much, add a splash of almond milk. Allow to cool. You can add a few more splashes of almond milk after it cools if it thickens too much. The key is achieving a consistency that's similar to chocolate syrup. If you accidentally make it too thin, just whip in some more peanut butter. You really can't screw this up.

To assemble, scoop the ice cream into two bowls. Top each bowl with half the peanut sauce. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups. Top with as much coconut whipped cream as you desire! Eat!

No comments: