Monday, July 21, 2014

Stuff I Ate

"What I Ate Monday" (or "What I Ate Tuesday" if you're reading this tomorrow) doesn't have the same ring to it as "What I Ate Wednesday," but oh well. That won't stop me from sharing my regular round-up of random meals.

I serve on the board of directors for an HIV/AIDS nonprofit called Friends for Life, and last week, I met up with director Kim for lunch. There's a great little Vietnamese place just across from FFL headquarters called Saigon Le, and it had been WAY TOO LONG since I'd eaten there. I ordered the Curry Tofu Soup.


The creamy coconut milk soup is loaded with fried tofu, potatoes, and carrots. It comes in a gigantic bowl, and it's definitely enough for two meals. I portioned mine out and topped with rice noodles, mung bean sprouts, and garlic-chili sauce.


At home, I've been eating a smidge healthier. I'm really digging Vega Chocolate Orange Smoothies for my post-run breakfasts (Vega One chocolate powder, segments from one whole orange, zest from one orange, and one cup of almond milk).


And on non-running days, I've been loving Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits! This one has fresh strawberries, Whole Soy & Co. Vanilla Yogurt, and Cascadian Farms Maple Brown Sugar Granola.


And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't include a few meals from Imagine Vegan Cafe in this post. Since I eat there once or twice a week, I always have pics of Imagine's food. After my vegan hambuger/fries/milkshake splurge there a couple weeks back, I've been trying to order some of their healthier fare to make up for it. Last week, I got this Portabella Wrap with black beans, portabella mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sauteed green peppers, spinach, and creamy garlic sauce.


Even though Imagine's focus is on vegan meaty dishes, they do serve vegetable plates. I rarely order those, but sometimes, a girl needs her veggies. I recently ordered this plate with Red Beans & Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Collard Greens, and Coleslaw to-go.


When I order super-healthy meals at Imagine, I usually balance that out with dessert. Imagine has the best desserts in the city. And maybe I'm a little biased because my friend Stephanie bakes them, but she's kind of a cupcake wizard. Just sayin'. Last week, I ordered this light and airy Strawberry Champagne Cupcake from Imagine. Look at the edible bubbles!


But few desserts can top this Insanity Bar from Imagine!! There's a layer of chocolate chip cookie topped with a layer of Oreos topped with a layer of brownie.


And I'll leave you with that. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

Stephanie really is the vegan dessert wizard!! That cupcake is gorgeous and oh my gawd, I want an Insanity baaaaarrrrr!!!